Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunday morning Laedyn saw a squirrel in the backyard. She got SO excited that we decided we just had to take the kids to the zoo. Check out this giant turtle! I think she liked the petting zoo area best even though the petting part is temporarily shut down. This goose was just randomly hanging out in a pen alone, I don't think he really belonged there. Laedyn seemed to resent me trying to get her to look at the camera...she was much more interested in the goose.
She deperately wanted to pet this billy goat. He wasn't so sure about her though.
I like the ponys and donkeys. They weren't as fascinating to Laedyn as the goats, goose and sheep. I wonder why?
Brandon got all excited about the photo op cut outs & wanted his picture taken with all of them.
Laedyn wanted to participate in the cut-out photo op too, I'm not so sure about Nick...
A far as Laedyn was concerned ALL animal, real or not, were amazing. She was so excited to see this lion and kept turning around to make sure I was following.
Sitting on a bench to have her picture taken was not Laedyn's idea of fun. I had hoped for a good shot for the holiday cards, but it wasn't meant to be that day!
Little Rock Zoo upgraded the bear exhibit so you really get up close & personal with the bears. I'm always amazed at how long their claws are. Someone needs to trim those suckers! Sometimes they rear up and put their feet on the wall - it's rather intimidating, but they didn't even seem to notice we were there that day.
The zoo is ramping up for Boo at the Zoo. Brandon loves the pumpkins ... they're just about the only Halloween decoration they had pulled out so far.This lizard was at Laedyn's level - she thought that was pretty cool.
When we went to the Rainbow Lorikeet exhibit, she didn't quite know what to think of a bird on Daddy's shoulder. I really think the birds freaked her out.
We happened to be there during feeding time and you can buy little cups of necter to feed the birds yourself. Of course we got one for Brandon, but the birds made him nervous flying around is head. I wound up feeding most of it to the birds myself.
By the time we had spent 5 minutes in the Lorikeet Exhibit, Laedyn was done in. Brandon took my camera while I was feeding the birds, and he captured this shot. Nick took Laedyn out of the building and let her roam free until Brandon & I were ready to leave. Then we went home and BOTH kids crashed for 3 hours ... it was beautiful!

1 comment:

Rick Elaine said...

Reminds me of taking Valerie to the zoo at about age 2 or 3 and also of Valerie and Eric and them falling asleep in the car on the way home. Valerie wouldn't let go of the box of popcorn, even asleep! Too cute!