Friday, January 16, 2009

TIME TO CATCH UP!! That's my blogging goal for the weekend anyways. We're unpacked from the trip to Ohio & everything is put away, all the laundry is caught up, the tree is down ... and we've only been home for 2 weeks!!! Now maybe there will be some breathing room. So ... let's look back to mid-November!
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Nick, while out on a long Sunday morning run, discovered a little park off of Crystal Hill Road in North Little Rock. We decided to check it out. It's a lovely piece of property right on the river, but it's not much more than a big back yard. The house that is there is now used as a rental space for small private parties.

There were some large boulders that the kids had fun climbing on. Self portrait with Laedyn. I'm not so good at framing these shots...

I guess Nick was in the mood to pose for the camera that day. He and Brandon found a big fallen tree to climb around on. There was a white fence all around the property borders and Nick suggested setting the camera on it to get a whole family shot using the automatic timer. What a great idea! I framed up a shot as best I could, set the timer & rushed over to get into position. Considering it's the first time I ever tried the timer, it turned out pretty well!
Silly boy!After freezing our tails off in the cold and wind we headed back up the hill to get a closer look at the house. The look of this road going up a hill reminded me very strongly of Breakheart Reservation in Massachusetts. Nick & I used to walk the paths and trails there 3-4 times a week when we lived in Malden. We both got a little nostalgic...
On the hill behind the house was a little paved patio area - perfect for a portrait, and a second use of the automatic timer. I think I'd better stash my tripod in the car - I doubt I'll always be able to find a suitable flat surface for the camera!

1 comment:

Rick Elaine said...

What a lovely area. We'll have to visit when we come out again.