Wednesday, August 15, 2007

One of my oldest friends came to see us at the farm today with her two boys, Ryan & Jason. When they drove up, Brandon asked me who it was & I told him it was my friend Julie & her boys. He asked if they were his friends, so I said yes & he jumped up and down saying "YEAH!"
Jason is a couple months younger than Brandon & Ryan is a couple years older. They all seemed to have a really good time playing all afternoon.
We all went to the river again. The boys had fun throwing in rocks and looking for creatures. We saw tadpoles, crayfish, minnows, spiders, and waterbugs. My brother Eric's girlfriend's son, Ricky, also came down to play. He's 7, but very tall. Nick neglected to bring river shoes to Ohio with us, so he had to go barefoot.
The kids were all tired out by the river, but apparently so were Brandon's pants!!!
This is Taz, my brother Mark's dog. He came along to supervise.
Brandon showed off his running skills. I can't believe he was able to run all the way to the barn (which he kept calling the shed) and back and was only a couple of feet behind Ryan at the end of their race. Ryan is much taller and a couple years older. Brandon was pretty pleased with himself ...
The boys were picking long strands of grass and practicing their tying skills on Julie's fingers.

Julie tells me that Brandon has an accent!!! Sadly I can hear it too in some of the words he says. I guess he'll be the southern son of Yankee parents...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Now if only we could get him into "yes ma'am" and "no sir," he'd be a true Southern boy! (with a capital S)

enveehaze said...

but he usually does ... actally, everyone is ma'am to him, including Daddy. Pretty funny really.

Rick Elaine said...

Good picture of Tazz