Tuesday, August 28, 2007

OK - this is the last of my long overdue posts from the trip home. I got so sucked into the Harry Potter books, I really didn't want to do anything else but read them. I finished the final one at 4:30 this morning. So tonight I'm playing catch-up here.

This is Rickey playing catch (or maybe we should call it fielding grounders....) with Brandon. Later while they were still playing, Brandon was fooling around & threw the ball which hit Rickey...remember the timeout picture?!?
Here's Sandy again with both her girls and her husband John.
Dad hooked the tractor up to a little trailer & pulled everyone around the farm. We called it a "tarp ride" because there was no hay, just a blue camping tarp in the bottom to sit on. The kids didn't seem to mind! Personally I wouldn't have minded some cushioning...
Mike, who's just a big kid himself, attracted the rough play attention of Brandon & Dylan. The boys loved it & I think Mike did too.
Look at the death grip Brandon has on Mike as Nick's trying to drag him off...
As I was running all the pictures as a slideshow, Brandon came over to watch. He said he liked it in Ohio & wanted to go back. He didn't even mind the thought of having to do that long car trip again. I guess he'll get his wish, but not til Christmas...

2 comments:

The Orland Family said...

These are nice pics and nice blogging. You've really inspired me to start mine and it's been in draft mode for a week now! Clara still talks of the "hay" ride. Thanks for sharing!

Rick Elaine said...

I agree...it needed hay!!! Next time.
Great picture of Aunt Bug holding Laedyn.
Nick did a GREAT job on the dogs and burgers! Thanks.